Envoy

Subscribe
55  555  955  1005  1045  1051  1052  1053  1054  1055  1056  1057  1058  1059  1065 
Page 1055 of 1100
Go to
Quote: It has its upsides sure, but in this day and age it is pretty antiquated. Sure, I very occasionally use it, typically needed that Saber guide pdf to get things done, but it is pretty rare.
I use it often. In fact, I find that maximizing pay here isn't possible without some decs usage, in addition to Quicktrade. You need to be using both.
Quote: I use it often. In fact, I find that maximizing pay here isn't possible without some decs usage, in addition to Quicktrade. You need to be using both.
You should offer a seminar. Sell tickets. A guy does this at Delta. Seriously
Quote: You should offer a seminar. Sell tickets. A guy does this at Delta. Seriously
I would go
Anyone have any idea where these projected year of service to flow #s that just got emailed came from? Showing Feb of 2020 being a Feb of 2014 new hire. That would be quite an increase if true. Hope it's true.
Quote: Anyone have any idea where these projected year of service to flow #s that just got emailed came from? Showing Feb of 2020 being a Feb of 2014 new hire. That would be quite an increase if true. Hope it's true.
The unofficial seniority lists found on the union websites do not take into account things like attrition to other airlines, which would shorten what is being predicted by them. No one knows for sure (probably) but I'm confident the company has their own internal numbers for predicted attrition outside of flow/retirement.
Quote: The unofficial seniority lists found on the union websites do not take into account things like attrition to other airlines, which would shorten what is being predicted by them. No one knows for sure (probably) but I'm confident the company has their own internal numbers for predicted attrition outside of flow/retirement.
So union flow projection shows for me a 5.3 year flow and the company says 4.3 years. Can we get this in writing somewhere with a guarantee? Can we get this magical attrition algorithm the company is using published? The latest non-flow attrition numbers YTD were 205 pilots. We would need about that (aka 400 pilots in two years) to make the flow decrease by a year. It too bad attrition doesn’t work that way. Not everyone leaving is at the top of the seniority list. Most folks who leave are at the bottom. OAL hiring will be less of an issue when flow drops from 12 years to 5. Without seeing the company math I am assuming they are overestimating. Yes ALPA numbers are worst case, but they haven’t moved much in two years. In two years I went from 5.5 to 5.3, for it to drop to 4.3 in another two years seems off. Maybe others with more info on how they get these numbers can chime in.
There’s a sweet spot for 2016 hires that has close to 4.5 year flow without external attrition on the ALPA interactive seniority list.

Exponentially gets worse after that as ENY hired basically 1000 pilots in a year after that group.

So yes, a small group will probably realistically see a 4.5 year flow. But that is definitely cherry picking.
Quote: There’s a sweet spot for 2016 hires that has close to 4.5 year flow without external attrition on the ALPA interactive seniority list.

Exponentially gets worse after that as ENY hired basically 1000 pilots in a year after that group.

So yes, a small group will probably realistically see a 4.5 year flow. But that is definitely cherry picking.
Agreed some of those '16 hires timed it well, but this new projection shows a 4.5 year flow from August on to the end of 2020 so a Jan of 15 hire would be at 4.5 years. That would make the 16s even lower.
Quote: Agreed some of those '16 hires timed it well, but this new projection shows a 4.5 year flow from August on to the end of 2020 so a Jan of 15 hire would be at 4.5 years. That would make the 16s even lower.
That’s possible I guess depending on how much outside attrition occurs in the upper ranks of seniority (900 or less on DECS).
Quote: You should offer a seminar. Sell tickets. A guy does this at Delta. Seriously
Or you could always do a YouTube series just showing the apps and DECS. Don’t even have to show your face or ‘nothin. Unless you want that sweet Envoy fame.
55  555  955  1005  1045  1051  1052  1053  1054  1055  1056  1057  1058  1059  1065 
Page 1055 of 1100
Go to