Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 11-17-2016, 06:33 AM
  #15101  
Gets Weekends Off
 
atpcliff's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt
Posts: 3,215
Default

I seem to remember flying with one or two pilots from Ameriflight....definitely not very many from there...
atpcliff is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 08:15 AM
  #15102  
Gets Weekends Off
 
stoki's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: bar stool
Posts: 771
Default

Hey guys, been trolling through the thread a little, but with so many pages and after 30 minutes of reading various and random pages, haven't had the luck to find recent info.

What kind of experience are people being hired with realistically?

I currently have 4800TT with TR on Dash-8 with Piedmont, EMB-145 with ExpressJet, and now flying the A320 for a LCC based in Europe.. all in the right seat.

Latest posts however do seem a bit unsettling as far as morale goes within the company.. had already plenty of good moral at the 2 U.S regionals I worked for.. Just throwing some ideas around.

Thanks for any quick answers, or even a point in the right direction to find them, sorry if this was asked before, I'm sure somewhere in the 1500 pages it has been.
stoki is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 05:37 AM
  #15103  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Originally Posted by CaptainHvac
Upgrade might be short, but you still won't make the money (or have the QOL) as a "quick upgrade" Captain at Atlas than you would as a second year F/O at Fedex, UPS, or Delta...or a 2nd year Captain at Delta.
Please QOL and Atlas are not even in the same universe. Total BS as there is no QOL and now not even industry standard hence why the max exodus. We are even now behind Connie and lowest in the industry.
C5nwhaleguy is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 09:02 AM
  #15104  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: 747 F/O
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by C5nwhaleguy
Please QOL and Atlas are not even in the same universe. Total BS as there is no QOL and now not even industry standard hence why the max exodus. We are even now behind Connie and lowest in the industry.
Totally agree C5! An Atlas new hire has nearly the same QOL as the top guys. Only difference is the top guys get to pick their vacation days. I was trying to discount the quick Atlas upgrade because it really isn't close to a second year F/O at Delta, UPS, Fedex etc...
CaptainHvac is offline  
Old 11-18-2016, 09:29 AM
  #15105  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captainv's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot
Posts: 943
Default

Originally Posted by stoki

What kind of experience are people being hired with realistically?

Doesn't really matter, does it? If you want to interview, put your stuff in and wait for the phone to ring. Then you can decide. If they never call, it's a moot problem.



Latest posts however do seem a bit unsettling as far as morale goes within the company.. had already plenty of good moral at the 2 U.S regionals I worked for.
Start here and work your way backward until you can put your finger on why morale is the way it is.
captainv is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 06:13 PM
  #15106  
Qbicle seat warmer
 
ASpilot2be's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: SAAB FO
Posts: 1,177
Default

I know QOL is one of the big complaints at Atlas, but how is it for people living in Anchorage? Do a lot of the trips come back through Anchorage?

Right now I only get 8 days off per month, with no improvement in sight. So Atlas is definitely high up on places I would like to end up. Just nervous about all the stuff I am reading.
ASpilot2be is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 06:26 PM
  #15107  
Sitting and scratching...
 
silver fleet's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Upright
Posts: 371
Default

[QUOTE=ASpilot2be;i. Just nervous about all the stuff I am reading.[/QUOTE]

It's all true, the management team is still stuck in yesteryear with its "eat their young" mentality plus the divide and conquer approach the former NWA flight ops peeps have brought to the "culture".
silver fleet is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 07:12 PM
  #15108  
Qbicle seat warmer
 
ASpilot2be's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: SAAB FO
Posts: 1,177
Default

Originally Posted by silver fleet
It's all true, the management team is still stuck in yesteryear with its "eat their young" mentality plus the divide and conquer approach the former NWA flight ops peeps have brought to the "culture".
Thats not comforting. I am desperately trying to get out of where I am. Not sure I am to that level yet.
ASpilot2be is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 10:13 PM
  #15109  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by ASpilot2be
I know QOL is one of the big complaints at Atlas, but how is it for people living in Anchorage? Do a lot of the trips come back through Anchorage?

Right now I only get 8 days off per month, with no improvement in sight. So Atlas is definitely high up on places I would like to end up. Just nervous about all the stuff I am reading.
Living in base at Atlas is almost a hinderence. Since you have heavy rest required when you touch your base, so most schedules keep you from touching your base for 17days in a row. There are exceptions of course but this place is in a league of its own.
5Ypilot is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 10:52 PM
  #15110  
Qbicle seat warmer
 
ASpilot2be's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: SAAB FO
Posts: 1,177
Default

Originally Posted by 5Ypilot
Living in base at Atlas is almost a hinderence. Since you have heavy rest required when you touch your base, so most schedules keep you from touching your base for 17days in a row. There are exceptions of course but this place is in a league of its own.
Interesting. Good to know. Thanks.
ASpilot2be is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices