JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
272  672  722  762  768  769  770  771  772  773  774  775  776  782  822  872  1272 
Page 772 of 1383
Go to
Quote: Also note that if you downgrade it’s a 2 year status freeze. Not equipment. So when juiceless joe gets tired of swinging gear he has to wait 2 years to re-upgrade, even on the same equipment.
I’m sorry do I know you?
I have zero intention of re upgrading anytime soon. Right now being home and QOL and real schedule control is worth saying sure capt whatever you want. Did the captain thing twice, it’s overrated. I’d rather be home for holidays and vacations, vs having that extra stripe. But I’m not done training yet so who knows I might end up back in the 190
Quote: Just so there is no confusion, you DO NOT need to wait for a system bid to change your base. You can "attempt" to change your base every month via email. Each month posted with the pairings and pilots bid awards is a spreadsheet with each pilot who asked for a base change. If someone from FLL wants JFK and someone from JFK wants FLL they make the switch with each other.
Base TRADE, not base change.

And a base trade that is awarded goes ahead of those who got it during the system bid.
So for base change is that only available from the system bid which is quarterly right now? That’s going to change to annually in August correct? So that means you can only change your base once a year unless you do it through a trade? Or will you be able to change on the annual system bid and any supplemental bid as well?
Quote: So for base change is that only available from the system bid which is quarterly right now? That’s going to change to annually in August correct? So that means you can only change your base once a year unless you do it through a trade? Or will you be able to change on the annual system bid and any supplemental bid as well?
You should be able to bid for base changes on any System Bid (quarterly, annual or supplemental) or use the base trade request that runs monthly.
Quote: Check airman told me in his circles the word is it’d be a separate bid category to minimize training associated with it. He said he heard 40 in JFK and 40 in BOS. No idea if true, but kind of checks with how we do FLL intl flying.
JB doesn't do FLL international that way. Unless something has changed all FLL pilots get Red Line qualified.

I really hope they don't do a small group of international within BOS/JFK A320 pilots.
Quote: JB doesn't do FLL international that way. Unless something has changed all FLL pilots get Red Line qualified.

I really hope they don't do a small group of international within BOS/JFK A320 pilots.
That would be very dumb in the fact that you can’t use the whole base much less the whole fleet type. They need to make everyone qualified everywhere.
Quote: That would be very dumb in the fact that you can’t use the whole base much less the whole fleet type. They need to make everyone qualified everywhere.
They will only have a few flights/day TATL at the start. Why train 1200+/600+ pilots per base for covering 3-5x daily flights?
Quote: They will only have a few flights/day TATL at the start. Why train 1000+ pilots per base for covering 3-5x daily flights?
Awww shucks every is working other flights or is off. Guess we will delay to infinity the lhr flight...
Quote: Awww shucks every is working other flights or is off. Guess we will delay to infinity the lhr flight...
Lol, fair point. We’ll see, maybe they will train us all
Quote: They will only have a few flights/day TATL at the start. Why train 1200+/600+ pilots per base for covering 3-5x daily flights?
Maybe not the entire base, but they’d be smart to train the majority. How many times do you see during IROPs, Airbus crews covering 190 flying and vice versa? Six inches of snow and scheduling will try and reroute a non-TATL crew on a London flight...just watch.
272  672  722  762  768  769  770  771  772  773  774  775  776  782  822  872  1272 
Page 772 of 1383
Go to