FlyExclusive

Subscribe
4  44  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  64 
Page 54 of 87
Go to
It’s just basic cleaning..
Quote: 121 regional guy looking for a change and a 15/13 schedule. What is a typical day like, any info is good, like is it min rest and 12 hour days? Am i cleaning and vacuuming the airplane myself? Can I get reasonably health food while working? Are the passengers reasonable to work with?
Hey Breeze,

Like everybody else said, the cleaning is just basic stuff where we treat the jet like it is our own or just like our own car.. When our passengers deplane, we do a quick vacuum if it needs it. We will give the tables a quick wipe, and give the toilet a quick flush to see if it smells OK, LOL.. So sure, we do a little cleaning, but I don’t feel that my dignity has been compromised any more than it is when I am at home cleaning up after 4 dogs, kids, etc..

As far as working hard, they say that we work less than some of our competitors, but less than others.. So we are somewhere in the middle. Min rest nights? Absolutely.. This rotation, we had two min rest days (Under 11 hours of rest) in a row, but got additional rest because of it. How hard you work here is also fleet dependent, where the Excels and smaller often do more legs than the Super mids and bigger.

It’s a pretty fun gig…
Quote: Hey Breeze,

Like everybody else said, the cleaning is just basic stuff where we treat the jet like it is our own or just like our own car.. When our passengers deplane, we do a quick vacuum if it needs it. We will give the tables a quick wipe, and give the toilet a quick flush to see if it smells OK, LOL.. So sure, we do a little cleaning, but I don’t feel that my dignity has been compromised any more than it is when I am at home cleaning up after 4 dogs, kids, etc..

As far as working hard, they say that we work less than some of our competitors, but less than others.. So we are somewhere in the middle. Min rest nights? Absolutely.. This rotation, we had two min rest days (Under 11 hours of rest) in a row, but got additional rest because of it. How hard you work here is also fleet dependent, where the Excels and smaller often do more legs than the Super mids and bigger.

It’s a pretty fun gig…
I’m pretty sure I read that- like other 135 gigs you don’t choose the plane you start in so how do you move to another other than upgrading? I assume there’s a seat lock? I see there are payscale differences so why would someone want to Captain the small jet at a lower pay than the mids and large cabin? It’s been advertised that “upgrading” isn’t just seniority based so how do you get into the plane that meets your long-term income goals? TIA
Quote: I’m pretty sure I read that- like other 135 gigs you don’t choose the plane you start in so how do you move to another other than upgrading? I assume there’s a seat lock? I see there are payscale differences so why would someone want to Captain the small jet at a lower pay than the mids and large cabin? It’s been advertised that “upgrading” isn’t just seniority based so how do you get into the plane that meets your long-term income goals? TIA
First, everyone I know who was hired before and after me were told at their interview what aircraft they would get so it wasnt like Flex or NJ where you show up the first day of indoc and find out (unless that is a VERY recent change). Upgrading, from what I understand (I havent been involved in upgrading yet), they do look at seniority but it is not the end all. If the top 3 captains on the XL are the most senior of those wanting to upgrade to the X or GIV, they cant afford to lose 3 XL CA so they would probably take 1 or 2 and then pull one from another fleet so they dont poach too many from one fleet.
Quote: I’m pretty sure I read that- like other 135 gigs you don’t choose the plane you start in so how do you move to another other than upgrading? I assume there’s a seat lock? I see there are payscale differences so why would someone want to Captain the small jet at a lower pay than the mids and large cabin? It’s been advertised that “upgrading” isn’t just seniority based so how do you get into the plane that meets your long-term income goals? TIA
Current rules go something like this, when such positions to upgrade become available the position is solicited internally. Those that apply will be chosen based on seniority. The requirements include a 24 month training contract and the expectation to remain dual qualified on your current airframe.
Quote: Current rules go something like this, when such positions to upgrade become available the position is solicited internally. Those that apply will be chosen based on seniority. The requirements include a 24 month training contract and the expectation to remain dual qualified on your current airframe.
Interesting, so you’re doing two recurrents each year?
Quote: Current rules go something like this, when such positions to upgrade become available the position is solicited internally. Those that apply will be chosen based on seniority. The requirements include a 24 month training contract and the expectation to remain dual qualified on your current airframe.
24 Months?? Wow.
Quote: Interesting, so you’re doing two recurrents each year?
Yes, Don’t forget the .297 and .299 for each plane/year. Personally this is a deterrent to change airframes, not so much the contract, but the dual qualified part I have an issue with. It could be months between different airframes and it becomes a safety issue in my opinion. You’re better off due to our bonus structure to keep flying, rather than training to make more $$. Perhaps this design is intentional. If you want a particular plane ask for it in your interview.
Quote: 24 Months?? Wow.
surprisingly the 24 months is only for those who upgrade to a larger airframe, the initial hire contract as far a I’m aware is still just 12 months, but the amount likely varies between airframes.
Quote: Yes, Don’t forget the .297 and .299 for each plane/year. Personally this is a deterrent to change airframes, not so much the contract, but the dual qualified part I have an issue with. It could be months between different airframes and it becomes a safety issue in my opinion. You’re better off due to our bonus structure to keep flying, rather than training to make more $$. Perhaps this design is intentional. If you want a particular plane ask for it in your interview.

Well then that begs the question- looking ahead, you ask for a particular plane that you want to upgrade in vs jumping fleets to avoid this duel qualified situation: is there a difference in upgrade time in an XL/CJ3 vs the X or Sovereign? I personally could not care less what plane I fly but I’d rather make the extra money after upgrade that the super mids offer than the lights for doing the same job. TIA
Also, I think I read in previous posts there are no rental cars? How do you get to the hotel? Uber? FBO crew car? Who pays for transportation?
4  44  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  64 
Page 54 of 87
Go to