Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18839  19339  19739  19789  19829  19835  19836  19837  19838  19839  19840  19841  19842  19843  19849  19889  19939 
Page 19839 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Why is there not a push to get rid of the GS trigger? It seems like our peers everywhere else have no such trigger. From people I've talked to so far at jetblue, united, and atlas, they can all drop their entire schedules if they want to and fly any premium trip at premium pay.
Did you put it in your survey? Tell your rep?
Quote: Why is there not a push to get rid of the GS trigger? It seems like our peers everywhere else have no such trigger. From people I've talked to so far at jetblue, united, and atlas, they can all drop their entire schedules if they want to and fly any premium trip at premium pay.
SW as well from what I’ve heard. The more time I spend here the more I hope to see some serious changes to our work rules.
Quote: Absolutely! As a half-step, lower it significantly. It's insane that bailing out the company and saving the schedule with little notice only pays extra if you've flown a whole schedule at straight pay. It's not overtime, it's bacon-saving.
Because then in many categories you'd never be able to drop a trip again because there would be pilots dropping trips just to get premium ones. I would support a step below all current GS steps, including OOBGSWC that would disregard GS triggers, but otherwise I see too much of a cost for pilots who just want to have more time off.
Quote: Because then in many categories you'd never be able to drop a trip again because there would be pilots dropping trips just to get premium ones. I would support a step below all current GS steps, including OOBGSWC that would disregard GS triggers, but otherwise I see too much of a cost for pilots who just want to have more time off.
it's a huge gamble, you could drop your entire schedule and not get anything premium...if a pilot is willing to risk that i don't see why we wouldn't let them. Seems to me the GS Trigger was a big concession whenever it was implemented since it appears to be industry standard to not have a trigger.

Quote: Did you put it in your survey? Tell your rep?
i've been told that not many people have said anything about it.
Quote: Because then in many categories you'd never be able to drop a trip again because there would be pilots dropping trips just to get premium ones. I would support a step below all current GS steps, including OOBGSWC that would disregard GS triggers, but otherwise I see too much of a cost for pilots who just want to have more time off.
Disagree. It should go before GSWC.
Quote: it's a huge gamble, you could drop your entire schedule and not get anything premium...if a pilot is willing to risk that i don't see why we wouldn't let them. Seems to me the GS Trigger was a big concession whenever it was implemented since it appears to be industry standard to not have a trigger.

Delta didn't hire you to gamble, they hired you to fly.
Quote: Delta didn't hire you to gamble, they hired you to fly.
Burn? I can't tell.
Quote: it's a huge gamble, you could drop your entire schedule and not get anything premium...if a pilot is willing to risk that i don't see why we wouldn't let them. Seems to me the GS Trigger was a big concession whenever it was implemented since it appears to be industry standard to not have a trigger.

Well what should we care more about as a union - a Pilot willing to risk making less to potentially make a lot more or a Pilot who is trying to improve his schedule by dropping a few days?

To me this is a slam dunk - lets make it easier to improve our schedules. I love picking up a GS now and then but no one should depend on GS's .

I have always said GS's are the like "the force" - there is a dark side. In my humble opinion we should prioritize on the average line Pilot that works 75-85 hours a month.

Scoop
Quote: Well what should we care more about as a union - a Pilot willing to risk making less to potentially make a lot more or a Pilot who is trying to improve his schedule by dropping a few days?

To me this is a slam dunk - lets make it easier to improve our schedules. I love picking up a GS now and then but no one should depend on GS's .

I have always said GS's are the like "the force" - there is a dark side. In my humble opinion we should prioritize on the average line Pilot that works 75-85 hours a month.

Scoop
I would second that, focus on helping the majority, not the few people here ready to try a gimmick.

Personally I just want a 5:15 min day or something close. It sounds like everyone likes their average min day because the company doesn't get penalized for a 24 hour overnight for the crew. Personally I'd rather 24 more hours at home with the same pay. It doesn't sound like anyone is interested.
Quote: My understandings night is we are on track for over 6 billion in profits and a substantial increase in PS. I want 16.3% in the pool. Our CEO may have been quoting post tax numbers. PS is based on pretax.
I hope you're right and I was planning on 6B+ this year and over 16%. We shall see. I'm sure the massive amount of greenslips that went out this summer will put a dent in it, and they probably could have prevented thousands of them by hiring a few hundred more pilots, but what do I know? I just work here.
18839  19339  19739  19789  19829  19835  19836  19837  19838  19839  19840  19841  19842  19843  19849  19889  19939 
Page 19839 of 20173
Go to