JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Subscribe
277  677  727  767  773  774  775  776  777  778  779  780  781  787  827  877  1277 
Page 777 of 1383
Go to
Quote: I think this is exactly what the SQ class pairings will look like at least initially. Once we get things under control operationally (hahah!!!) we might see another day or two added onto the trip with domestic flights to create more efficient staffing utilization.

I highly doubt the SQ pilots will be able to bid domestic trips in a monthly bid. They will likely be relegated to SQ-only pairings.

Honestly, I think it will be sucky flying without much variety.
Because these trips will already block nearly equal to credit, they are efficient in the company's eyes. The more domestic non-SQ block hours added to SQ pairings the more super-top-secret training dudes will be needed.

I think all-SQ 15 hour 3 days and maybe 25 hour W route 5 days will be the norm.

Longer block CDG or similar destinations might be slightly over 15 hours.

My opinion.
Or maybe we just announce on April 10th we are continuing to think about Europe....in the meantime let’s welcome our first NEO on a new additional redeye frequency to the DR! Just kidding. Kind of.
Quote: Or maybe we just announce on April 10th we are continuing to think about Europe....in the meantime let’s welcome our first NEO on a new additional redeye frequency to the DR! Just kidding. Kind of.
Kind of indeed.
Quote: I’ve never crossed the pond as a pilot. But in the spirit of jetblue, I’ll take a stab at building a pairing without asking someone who has or reading our cba anyway! Using today’s block times for daddy D on the 76 and overlaying our current rigs.

Date Cities Report Out/In Block Duty
3/18 BOS-LHR 19:12 20:12-07:00 5:48 7:03
Layover 25:20
3/20 LHR-BOS 08:35 09:20-13:10 8:50 9:50

Duty 16:53 TAFB 42:13 Block 14:38 Credit 15:00

Now there might be complications to this such as earlier report times, longer flight times for the slow 321, augmented crews, multiple flights allowing different or longer layovers, etc. I don’t know, but neither do the people who will be building the pairings. I’m not loving the idea of a 75 hr line with 15 days on and 10 atlantic crossings.
I'm not 100% on the international 117 stuff, so correct me if wrong, but I'm pretty sure that pairing is illegal.

With only 25:20 rest in LHR you still calculate table limitations off BOS time. Meaning you would have to run an augmented crew (for just the return leg), report later than 5am East coast time, or allow for 36 hours of rest in LHR.
Quote: I'm not 100% on the international 117 stuff, so correct me if wrong, but I'm pretty sure that pairing is illegal.

With only 25:20 rest in LHR you still calculate table limitations off BOS time. Meaning you would have to run an augmented crew (for just the return leg), report later than 5am East coast time, or allow for 36 hours of rest in LHR.
Correct, the contract and part 117 contemplate augmented operations.
Quote: Correct, the contract and part 117 contemplate augmented operations.
Is that how everyone else does LHR? Serious question. Seems weird to augment for just one direction when you can get away without by departing later/increasing the layover.
April 10th.
1. Moving much of the op (SOC/MOC) to MCO
2. London...
3. Plane (inadequate as built) LR
4. Leadership change
Quote: Because these trips will already block nearly equal to credit, they are efficient in the company's eyes. The more domestic non-SQ block hours added to SQ pairings the more super-top-secret training dudes will be needed.

I think all-SQ 15 hour 3 days and maybe 25 hour W route 5 days will be the norm.

Longer block CDG or similar destinations might be slightly over 15 hours.

My opinion.
Would that be a 28-30hr 5day? Block time being the greater? I’m not sure if you could schedule a day sleep in BOS/JFK and then back out that night. Might depend on slot times/schedules. I’m honesty not sure how other carriers do it, maybe we can get one of those awesome Legacy Gods to chime in.
Quote: April 10th.
1. Moving much of the op (SOC/MOC) to MCO
2. London...
3. Plane (inadequate as built) LR
4. Leadership change
Guess? Or something more substantial?
Quote: Would that be a 28-30hr 5day? Block time being the greater? I’m not sure if you could schedule a day sleep in BOS/JFK and then back out that night. Might depend on slot times/schedules. I’m honesty not sure how other carriers do it, maybe we can get one of those awesome Legacy Gods to chime in.
You are probably correct.

May just be 15 hour 3 days. Haven't had much chance to think about it or look at the regs. A 6 day W route would be brutal.

The post above says 15 hour 3 days doesn't say exactly which part of 117 it violates. Again, I've been busy so haven't been able to look at it.

One things for certain, I hope flight ops gives a VERY detailed report of bidding and pairings (with specific examples) before opening the bid for this super-top-secret-training SQ category.
277  677  727  767  773  774  775  776  777  778  779  780  781  787  827  877  1277 
Page 777 of 1383
Go to