Any "Latest & Greatest" about Endeavor?

Subscribe
137  637  1037  1087  1127  1133  1134  1135  1136  1137  1138  1139  1140  1141  1147  1187  1237  1637  2137 
Page 1137 of 2545
Go to
Even CPJ 10-year captains are back on reserve in MSP.
Quote: I would think that even you could see through that line of H.S. from management? I mean what is it now 5 or 6 vacancies without not one primary or secondary vacancy awarded to MSP or DTW 900 CA? I mean people are leaving those bases for other airlines or other Endeavor bases right? I'm not a rocket scientist, but that looks like shrinkage to me. Everyone has different perspectives, but to me it's more than a speck of dust
In the past 2 years we have seen our fleet grow by 25 aircraft, with 14 more to come online this year. Our pilot group has grown by more than 500, our upgrades went from 7 years to "as quick as you can get 1000 hrs" so pilots with no 121 experience upgrading within 20 months of hire date, 3 new domiciles, first year pay going from 22K to 60K, all pilots income increased by 23K per year, open time at a minimum of 150%, premium pay for seat support, OE trip buy off with 150% or time off, 2K referral bonus, the EFB's happened, recruiting hiring 60 new hires a month. In the past 2 years this airline has experienced a QOL enhancement far greater than most.

The shrinkage in DTW and MSP has happened slowly through attrition and no displacement. No one in management has mentioned anything about DTW and MSP not shrinking before this announcement. In the prior couple of years no one in management has told us an outright lie. While not everything has worked out perfectly I see this as a function of things not going as planned, not a dishonest statement. I also think had we been able to grow NYC 200 flying without loosing DTW flying we would have, but staffing levels didn't allow this to happen and a choice had to be made. As long as hiring levels allows us to staff ATL I would expect DTW and MSP to remain stable. I also believe management expects hiring levels to allow this to happen.

So yes, I do see this as a spec of dirt. Nothing more. Though if the vocal few keep spouting "this place sucks" it may become a self fulfilling prophecy by keeping new hires from choosing this airline, and to continue our growth those new pilots are all we need.

If you are considering a lateral move to EDV or coming here as a new hire do not let A and TT deter you from what would be a good step in your career.
Quote: I would think that even you could see through that line of H.S. from management? I mean what is it now 5 or 6 vacancies without not one primary or secondary vacancy awarded to MSP or DTW 900 CA? I mean people are leaving those bases for other airlines or other Endeavor bases right? I'm not a rocket scientist, but that looks like shrinkage to me. Everyone has different perspectives, but to me it's more than a speck of dust
Its objectively shrinking, slow shrinkage.

Maybe a couple of the EDV cheerleaders could just come out and say they aren't debating msp and dtw are shrinking, they are simply saying that the growth in atl isn't at the expense of msp and dtw. Objective fact, we are not displacing.

I get we are pilots and divorced from the corporate reality of America but this is the best kind of shrinkage. There's Seinfield shrinkage, displacement, no secondary awards, in that order.

2014 was Seinfield shrinkage.
I wonder how many peeps are getting a company issued iPad, the. Go to delta like in a month. Haha. Free iPads are fun.
Quote: Can't, JFK is not even remotely commutable... Even with JetBlue commuter policy, it's not doable from where I live. Doubt ATL would be much better... Too many mainline bumping me there.
IIRC, aren't you from the DTW area? If so, is JFK or LGA better for commuting? I'm a new hire that lives near DTW and planning on having to commute but trying to make it as easy as possible.
Quote: I wonder how many peeps are getting a company issued iPad, the. Go to delta like in a month. Haha. Free iPads are fun.
I believe you have to give it back or pay off the remaining amount to keep it. It isn't free until after the payments would have stopped if you elected to supply your own, so like 3 years
Quote: I believe you have to give it back or pay off the remaining amount to keep it. It isn't free until after the payments would have stopped if you elected to supply your own, so like 3 years
Dispatch copies 😃
Quote: IIRC, aren't you from the DTW area? If so, is JFK or LGA better for commuting? I'm a new hire that lives near DTW and planning on having to commute but trying to make it as easy as possible.
LGA is far better for commuting directly from DTW. JFK has 3 flights a day. If you get JFK you can commute into LGA and use the free shuttle or Kew cab/ Uber and get to JFK in less than an hour.
Quote: In the past 2 years we have seen our fleet grow by 25 aircraft, with 14 more to come online this year. Our pilot group has grown by more than 500, our upgrades went from 7 years to "as quick as you can get 1000 hrs" so pilots with no 121 experience upgrading within 20 months of hire date, 3 new domiciles, first year pay going from 22K to 60K, all pilots income increased by 23K per year, open time at a minimum of 150%, premium pay for seat support, OE trip buy off with 150% or time off, 2K referral bonus, the EFB's happened, recruiting hiring 60 new hires a month. In the past 2 years this airline has experienced a QOL enhancement far greater than most.

The shrinkage in DTW and MSP has happened slowly through attrition and no displacement. No one in management has mentioned anything about DTW and MSP not shrinking before this announcement. In the prior couple of years no one in management has told us an outright lie. While not everything has worked out perfectly I see this as a function of things not going as planned, not a dishonest statement. I also think had we been able to grow NYC 200 flying without loosing DTW flying we would have, but staffing levels didn't allow this to happen and a choice had to be made. As long as hiring levels allows us to staff ATL I would expect DTW and MSP to remain stable. I also believe management expects hiring levels to allow this to happen.

So yes, I do see this as a spec of dirt. Nothing more. Though if the vocal few keep spouting "this place sucks" it may become a self fulfilling prophecy by keeping new hires from choosing this airline, and to continue our growth those new pilots are all we need.

If you are considering a lateral move to EDV or coming here as a new hire do not let A and TT deter you from what would be a good step in your career.
Hmmm, I guess I've heard things differently then. But then I also try to look at the whole picture. Delta has said they're reducing their flying out of MSP by I believe 5% in 2017. So how can it not affect Endeavor? To say base size in MSP/and Detroit will remain similar is a very vague statement and an easy out! Similar to what? Maybe similar to what's been going on this past year? I'm not saying this place sucks because I do recognize a lot of the positive things happening, but bases, qol, commutablity etc. are important to a lot of people. And not just the people already here, but for also all those looking at Endeavor.
And let's not forget about a comparable career progression policy. But as of late, that hasn't been even worth trying to accomplish with the mind-numbing applicants currently available for regional jobs.
137  637  1037  1087  1127  1133  1134  1135  1136  1137  1138  1139  1140  1141  1147  1187  1237  1637  2137 
Page 1137 of 2545
Go to